Monday, July 20, 2009

Project Embrace + Fab Etsy Finds

I have had the privilege of "meeting" Laura Slocum. She doesn't know me, but I have been following her story. Laura, is fighting stage 3 ovarian cancer, which she was diagnosed with this June. In support of her and the fight against cancer, Etsy sellers have come together to start Etsy Project Embrace. There has been an outpouring of support, and dozens of Etsians are donating the proceeds of their goods to the cause.

Please visit Laura's shop, Creatively Tangled, and her blog for updates. You can also search Etsy using the keywords: EtsyProjectEmbrace for the many, many handmade items to benefit the American Cancer Society.

Click here for more info directly from the ACS about Etsy Project Embrace, to make a direct donation, or to join the team.

Here's a sampling of items you're sure to love, whose proceeds will be donated to the cause. . .

And here is my lovely new necklace from Polarity - Cat donated 100% of this sale to the American Cancer Society! Get your own Strength Locket Set and show your support here.
Keep on fighting Laura!

3 comments:

maclancy said...

thanks so much for featuring my typewriter card. I too am so impressed with Laura's spirit as well as the outpouring of love and care from fellow etsy artists. Its a true team spirit here and no better person to honor than Laura!
thanks again, Marianne

Lee Wolfe Pottery OneClayBead said...

Thanks for featuring my mug as part of etsyprojectembrace. I have gained, in friendship and the pleasure of being part of a great cause, far more than the money I've raised so far, or ever will raise, no matter how much it is. And I'm also finding great blogs, like yours! Laura is a treasure, and we are all lucky to stumble upon this glorious spirit, and to be a part of her life. XO Lee (OneClayBead on Etsy)

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

I am touched that you included my Monarch in your blog. It is a beautiful posting. Thanks! The Etsy Project Embrace is such a wonderful way to support Laura.