Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Story

First of all, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to read this. My name is Lory, and I hope that I am able to bring a little bit of sunshine your way and you will be inspired.

My husband and I were blessed with a beautiful baby boy in 2005. We named him "Aydan Emmanuel", which means fiery spirit, and what a little trooper he was! He was our Sunshine, and would light up a room with his blue eyes and big smile. He touched the lives of many - all over the world. When he was six weeks old, he was diagnosed with an incurable genetic disorder called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Our world was crushed at the thought of losing our sweet baby.

Aydan was physically weak, but his spirit was strong. I believe that he was cognitively advanced, because he was so attentive to his surroundings and his attention span was extraordinarily long. He especially loved to watch his favorite movie, Finding Nemo. I would sing "You Are My Sunshine" to him, and he would look up at me and smile. Through it all, he was a brave little fighter, and held on for as long as he could. On March 11, 2006, Aydan lost his battle with this fateful disease, and grew wings to become an angel. He was just ten-and-a-half weeks old.

Aydan brought so much joy and inspiration into my life, even though his time with us was short. My shop and blog's name is "The Sunshine Studio", because it was inspired by him, and I want to bring everyone a little bit of sunshine like he brought to us.

Besides designing jewelry and blogging, I am currently pursuing my degree in nursing (also inspired by Aydan). In my spare time I love to take photographs, read whatever I can get my hands on, and cook. I also love to travel and can't wait to see even more of the world with my husband. I'm truly blessed, and have learned to not take a single day for granted. I owe it all to Aydan.

My heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you who follow my blog and/or support my shop. I am forever grateful for your continued support. Your encouragement is a blessing to me! Please don't ever hesitate to contact me. I love to get your feedback and am grateful for all the friends I have made through my blog. If you share a similar story, or would like to chat for any reason, I would love to hear from you.

Aydan Emmanuel
12/28/05 ~ 03/11/06

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
~ Anthony D'Angelo

4 comments:

krista - urbanite jewelry said...

this is beautiful, lory, and so was aydan. i am inspired by the way that you live each day in honor of and inspired by his presence in your life. that's incredible beyond words.

Ashley said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. Such a beautiful post, and such a beautiful boy he was. Not only that, but thank you for letting him inspire you, and not stopping.
So beautiful!

Sheila said...

Beautiful child of God... I am so proud of you that you are continuing to live your life to the fullest. I hope this New Year brings you many countless blessings and joy.

Sheila

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What a beautiful little angel. Such a touching post.

hugs!
=) melanie