Sunday, December 28, 2008

In Remembrance

Remembering my angel, Aydan. Today would be his third birthday. We miss you.

Aydan Emmanuel Mabe
12/28/05 ~ 03/11/06

I looked toward the clouds today,
and for a moment saw your face.
I know that you have gone
to such a peaceful place.

Did you show yourself to me today
to tell me you're all right?
Or was it just a daydream
playing tricks upon my sight?

Then I thought of when you left,
still too young to say a word.
Yet the look you gave us said it all
in our hearts, your good-bye was heard.

You have changed our lives forever.
Your short time here not in vain.
And hope you know we tried it all,
to keep you safe from pain.

We will always feel the void inside,
because you are not here.
But each new thought you send our way,
let's us know you're always near.

So until our journey nears it's end
and we hear the Angels sing.
We'll face each new day as it comes
and live off the Love you bring.

~James Sullivan

I'll Be There
Daddy, please don't look so sad,
Mommy please don't cry.
Because I am in the arms of Jesus
And He sings me lullabies.
Please try not to question God,
Don't think he is unkind
Don't think He sent me to you,
And then he changed His mind.
You see, I am a special child,
And I'm needed up above.
I'm the special gift you gave Him,
The product of your love.
I'll always be there with you,
And watch the sky at night,
Find the brightest star that's gleaming,
That's my halo's brilliant light.
You'll see me in the morning frost,
That mists your window pane,
That's me in the summer showers,
I'll be dancing in the rain.
When you feel a little breeze,
From a gentle wind that blows,
That's me I'll be there
Planting a kiss on your nose.
When you see a child playing,
And your heart feels a little tug,
That's me I'll be there giving your heart a hug.
So Daddy, please don't look so sad,
Mommy don't you cry.
I'm in the arms of Jesus,
And he sings me lullabies.

~Aydan