Sunday, January 18, 2009

My New Obsession



The Twilight Saga has me completely enthralled. I just finished New Moon and am already half-way through Eclipse. I can't put this series down!!

Below, are a few excerpts from New Moon that I loved.

Bella: "It was like someone had died - like I had died. Because it had been more than just losing the truest love of true loves, as if that were not enough to kill anyone. It was also losing a whole future, a whole family - the whole life that I'd chosen...."

Bella: "Now and then, as he talked with Alice, he would lean down suddenly and kiss me - his glass smooth lips brushing against my hair, my forehead, the tip of my nose. Each time it was like an electric shock to my long dormant heart. The sound of its beating seemed to fill the entire room.
It was heaven - right smack in the middle of hell."

Edward: "Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars - points of light and reason.
...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."

Bella: "I knew we were both in mortal danger.
Still, in the instant, I felt
well. Whole.
I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again.
My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin.
It was like there had never been any hole in my chest.
I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place."

No comments: