Thursday, September 25, 2008

"I have a husband...

so I'm not a crazy cat lady."
That's what a guest that owns four cats said on today's Oprah show.
I love it! I don't know how many times I've been called a "Cat Lady!" Admittedly, I own six (yes, six) cats. More about them later...

Today's show was heartbreaking and left me in tears.

Bill Smith, founder of Main Line Animal Rescue, got Oprah's attention with a billboard in Chicago that read, "Oprah: Do a show on puppy mills. The dogs need you."
It certainly got her attention! The focus of today's show was dogs, and they had an update on the previous "puppy mill" show. You can read more about it here: Investigating Puppy Mills.

It was amazing to see all the shelters and individuals out there that are devoted to helping animals.
I was most impressed by Angel's Gate, whose mission is "A lifetime commitment to physically challenged, abused, and abandoned animals." Please visit the site and show your support!

No comments: